Monday, April 23, 2012

Parenting Failures

I love Paul Tripp. He's like Yoda. I think Tim Keller is like Yoda too! Even D.A. Carson!

Anyways, Paul Tripp has been refreshing PJ and I lately. I actually feel like a failure of a parent! But it's
a good thing-- God knows I need humbling. Lately, PJ's been reading paragraphs by Mr. Tripp (from Shepharding A Childs Heart), and I keep saying "fail...BIG F!" I've been seeing things I need to change and grow by God's grace, Things I read not to do -- vowed not to do -- did -- repented -- asked God to help me not do again, and here we are, back to square one!

Here's a post from Paul Tripp that smacks you in the face ( a gentle, powerful, Gospel slap)...

                  

Parenting is all about living by the principle of prepared spontaneity. You don't really know what's going to happen next. You don't really know when you'll have enforce a command, intervene in an argument, confront a wrong, holdout for a better way, remind someone of a truth, call for forgiveness, lead someone to confession, point to Jesus, restore peace, hold someone accountable, explain a wisdom principle, give a hug of love, laugh in the face of adversity, help someone complete a task, mediate an argument, stop with someone and pray, assist someone to see their heart, or talk once again about what it means to live together in a community of love (continue....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blog Widget by LinkWithin