Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Key's Birthday Week at Avila Beach

"Who cares about Mother's Day when the following day we'll all be at the beach for 4 days!" That's what I was thinking since my Mother's Day was low key (I did have Sprinkles at their ATM!) but I didn't care much to celebrate since we'd be off the next day, on a tiny road trip, then fun in the sun! 

Thanks to my in-law's time-share (we ain't ball'in), they shared (no pun intended) with us. It was great, relaxing and beautiful! But don't misunderstand, we did have arguments, because honestly, it isn't a family trip, if there ain't arguing. PJ and I had our irritated moments, but God was kind to show us our sin and wake us up from our idolatry.  

Trials/Blessing from Our family Trip:
1. On our drive up, Story threw up
2. I constantly got car sick, this was no exception
3. I went into Walmart to buy some milk, while my phone was on vibrate PJ called me 8 times because all kids had to pee! He was not a happy camper as I exited and smiled
4. One argument was based around me trying to lead our family because I felt I knew best (in a stubborn way)
5. Forgot my bathing suit
6. Kids played in a beautiful, beach creek, later to find out, there were signs prohibiting play, due to high levels of bacteria...Eek, gross!
7. A great time of just getting away 
































1 comment:

  1. frances! this is so cute! I especially love that fourth picture! So precious! Can I print it out, or would that be too creepy? lol... just kidding, but really, this looks like such an amazing family time :) Your trials/blessings list was so encouraging too because it helped me realize that those types of things happen to everyone else too!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blog Widget by LinkWithin