Saturday, April 23, 2011

Smile Moment--Easter Sunday

 My sisters and mommy...
These ladies make me smile<3


As I read Genesis 36 the reality of the peoples desire to have a king overwhelmed me. Its as if it's in their DNA. Why?  I have an inkling of why this deep desire was there. Could it be that they inherently knew there should be a righteous ruler who cares for the land and the people?  A judge who judges correctly and builds the kingdom for further splendor?  Who leads with a passion that beckons others to follow?  I think so.  I know that Jesus fulfilled it all--  above all we could have imagined and more! He rose on the 3rd day, fulfilling the sacrifice he was to God the Father--fully acceptable.  Sin no more, death no more.  Victory for those in Christ Jesus!!!

Isaiah 9:6-7
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
Of the increase of his government and of peace
there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blog Widget by LinkWithin